Monday, October 27, 2014

Reflection Week 4

This week, I did not get as much accomplished as I would have liked. I was, however, able to read a little more about fencing in my book, and it's really interesting.  I also went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Saturday with a friend, where I saw the Arms and Armor section and looked at all the historical swords there. The collection was big, and many of the weapons and armor were very beautiful. I was able to distinguish what I would expect to be early forms of what would become sabre, foil, and epee swords. One of them had nicks in the blade, which my friend explained would be useful to a soldier because he would able to parry an attack, get the opponent's blade stuck in one of the nicks, and have an opportunity to break the opponent's sword. I am trying to think of ways I can incorporate what I've learned into a final project. So far, I'm planning on sticking to my original idea but maybe have more history than I had originally expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment