Saturday, October 18, 2014

Reflection 3

This week was very tedious, so there wasn't enough work done. I have been trying to create the encounter system, but the coding was to difficult and complicated. I decided to change the gameplay to a real-time action game. It was easy to change to, but there was another problem. I have been creating a magic-casting animation for the main character, but the animation does not show up if I press the letter 'X'. Also, I changed the character movement in a more free movement since the AI that I programmed did not move in a chess-like grid.

However, there were some positive outcomes this week. I researched and I practiced all the coding variables and problem statements that I learned along the way, without any help or tutorials. Next time, I plan on fixing and finalizing the battle system, if possible. If not, I am moving on into making a Sailesh (he personally requested it) and to make him talk.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the actual coding problems I encountered. Can anyone help?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to help, but I tweeted out your post to my followers to see if anybody knows gaming code and can help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone said to check out http://www.projectspark.com/. They have a guides section where you can also go into a forum to pose questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever free up sprite_index from spr_player_atk_down? I'm not familiar with GameMaker (what it looks like you're using), but in this particular SS I don't see it being changed to anything else.

    For some debugging, check to see if it even reads the "X" input. For example,

    if (X is pressed)
    {
    Print("X was pressed!");
    }

    If that works, then you know for sure there's an issue with your sprite_index.

    Happy coding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it be that there are semicolons missing at the end of each line in that code block?

    ReplyDelete