Saturday, October 25, 2014

Reflection 4

On Friday, I read a blog post on actortips.com called "Going from Good Acting to Great." In it, the author focused on "letting go" of yourself and completely becoming a character. This was by far the most influential thing I've read in my research thus far. The author not only discussed letting go, but why people don't let go. 

"Holding back has many other causes: fear, lack of imagination, lack of respect for acting as an art, laziness, cowardice, not knowing that there is such a thing as “letting go,” willingness to “settle” for good or mediocre or competent or embarrassing rather than demand the totality of your talent. "

Wow. In my last blog post alone I demonstrated my fear of letting go! I was afraid to try acting in my accent because I worried that I wouldn't be good enough! This article not only taught me that letting go is something I need to work on, but techniques on how to go about doing that. The steps in letting go will be my next goal to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment