Monday, October 20, 2014

Reflection #3

Getting frustrated with my inability to sew pleats, I decided to abandon that skill for a while and learn something simpler. I used my class time on Friday to learn how to construct a circle skirt. It requires minimal sewing, and a pattern is not needed. I began making one on Sunday. I think it's coming along well, but I still have to sew in the zipper and hem it, which are apparently the most difficult parts. It's not perfect. though; it's just a starting point to familiarize myself with the process of making a piece of clothing.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Once you start looking at patterns - you'll never look at clothing the same! I used to make a lot of my own clothes until I realized it is super expensive to buy fabric and make what you want.. If you can find bargain fabric it can be worth it.. Or if there is a costume you want to make or a specific look you are going for it is super fun to make clothes.

    ReplyDelete