Saturday, October 25, 2014

Reflection #4

This week I continued to practice my chords and even began to learn a song!!! Having a good enough knowledge of certain chords allowed me to start playing the song "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King. The chords needed to play this song are G major, E minor, C major, and D major - I became very comfortable with those chords this week. The important thing about starting to play a song is that it gives me confidence in my guitar-playing abilities. Just a little more than a month ago, I had exactly no idea how to play the guitar; now, I am playing a song!! This confidence will enable me to learn even more songs and push myself even further. I will constantly use the ability to play songs in the future, seeing as playing a perfect full-length song is my goal (so I will absolutely need to learn and practice more songs as I progress). The one pattern I noticed was that the more I played the song, the easier it was for me to transition between chords. While my transitions weren't perfect, they improved dramatically the more I practiced "Stand by Me". I did very well this week and I am very proud of myself, even though I know there is plenty more to do. This represents a great start. Next week I will be practicing the song and chords even more, so I can begin to play new songs. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment