Sunday, October 26, 2014

Reflection 4

I've found a way for the main character to attack! Originally, I wanted her to attack in close range, like a sword. But I decided on making her attack enemies using magic. If you notice, I added a new stat called "MP," which is the Magic Points. She just can't use magic forever, so I gave a limit to how many times she can use magic. I also added a way to charge MP back. Without going into technical detail, I did most of these by myself! I only watched one tutorial video to set the timing and the effects of attacking with magic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkZUl7e-ZS8).

However, there are some drawbacks from when I was coding by myself. For instance, there is an error that pops up when I use magic with no enemies around, since it was coded to target enemies. Next week, I want to make that cameo NPC that I mentioned last time, and to make some kind of spawner for enemies (in order to get rid of that error).

Here is the magic in effect. Press 'X' to shoot and press 'C' to recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment