Monday, October 20, 2014

Reflelction III

         These past few weeks, I have been hard focused on the Arduino project, I have even ordered parts, however, the order didn't go through. Also, since the work is beginning to pile up, both in school and out of it, I'm starting to have less time to work on the Arduino. To cope, I've decided to put a hold on to this project, since I would not be able to complete it in time. Instead, I've decided to go with a  different project that I've also been wanting to do for a while.
          I've decided to build a PC. I know a couple of my friends have done this, and i have a  rough understanding of how computers work. In this project, I aim to learn more in depth about how computers work, and how we interact with them. To start off, I began with learning about the processor. Arguably the most important part of  a computer, it interprets the tasks that you give it, and carries them out. They come in three varieties, 32, 64, and 86 bits. In personal computing, 64, then 32, bits versions are the most popular, as they have the most programs available for them. 86 bit chips are used more in consoles and such, as their programs need to be adapted for them. The most popular manufacturers of processors would be Intel and AMD. As t which processor I'll use, I haven't decided.


1 comment:

  1. So.. If you need any help with this let me know. I've built a ton of computers and just bought a bunch of new components on NewEgg to redo the one I have right now. I actually just dropped off my old motherboard and components at a high school for the computers class they have so students could mess around and build one from scratch. It's super fun!

    ReplyDelete