Sunday, October 26, 2014

Reflection 4

This week, Mickey and I were unable to collaborate on a cooking project, but each of our moms made a dinner that was paleo, so we both helped them.

My mom made her own baked hot wings using Frank's Hot Sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder, and salt and pepper. We simply put the chicken in a big metal bowl, poured in the hot sauce, added the dry ingredients, and made sure every piece was well coated. Next, we put the pieces on roasting racks on top of cookie sheets and stuck them in the oven to bake. When they came out, they were steamy and spicy and crispy! Needless to say, they were good and good for you! 

I always thought my mom's delicious cooking (paleo or not) was concocted from some complex recipe. Today I was pleased to find out that even crispy hot wings can be easily prepared in less than five minutes! Maybe cooking entrées isn't as daunting a task as it seems. I can't wait to eventually make a full meal-- with Mickey and hopefully my mom's expert assistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment