Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Reflection 3 and a Twist!

Goodmoooorrrrnnnnniiiinnnngggggggg UCVTS Humanities (it's a reference to a movie....)!!!!! Time for another wonderful reflection on my progress for my twenty percent project of playing la Guitarra! This week I didn't really try to teach myself anything new. I really worked on refining the skills I had, because at this point it's most important to make sure I have the basics down to a T before I even attempt anything new. I've done fairly well. I can play these chords in different combinations smoothly, and only found myself hiccuping whenever I forgot the lyrics. Overall I think I got a better handle on the chords I've learned and can now expand into more difficult ones.

However, that won't be happening. I have decided to change my twenty percent project. I am no longer going to be learning to play the guitar, but am instead going to play the ukulele. Originally, it was the instrument I wanted to learn how to play for this project, and we did have one at home, we just couldn't find it. So instead I changed to the guitar, as I have that instrument at hand as well. Recently though, we found my ukulele. Now that I have it again, I want to change to this instrument. Its honestly easier to play than the guitar, though has the same basic style of playing. It's also alot easier to carry around and bring places. Therefore, my twenty percent project shall now center around that instrument!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Plot. Twist. A ukelele? How awesome is that?! Who even owns a ukelele in your family! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!!!!! Um actually I got it in Hawaii for my 16th birthday, but upon getting home it got jumbled with everything else and we couldn't find it until now!

      Delete