Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Reflection 2

Week 2: 

Today we were in need of a quick recipe. We found one for coconut chia pudding from Paleo Cupboard (http://www.paleocupboard.com/breakfast-chia-pudding.html), which was very fast and simple. We didn't have almond milk, so we only used coconut milk. I added some almond extract to give it that almonds flavor. I also added some cinnamon. 

Chia seeds absorb whatever liquid they are in and become more gelatinous the more you add. They work perfectly for puddings (no gelatin needed). Coconut milk is also a very healthy dairy substitute often used in paleo cooking. It is not inflammatory since it does not contain lactose, but still has many healthy fats/fatty acids. 

I misinterpreted the instructions and added the chia seeds after stirring the ingredients. The chia seeds clumped on top after sitting for 15 mins, so I used a whisk to unclump them. It turned out find. The pudding needs to sit overnight to fully coagulate, so I'll see how it Is the morning (so far it looks good). I can't wait to have it for breakfast!

3 comments:

  1. I think I learned more from your post about paleo recipes than I have in several articles I have read! I don't think I have ever seen a Chia Seed, either.. How cool that you can use them to make pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I really like the word coagulate. I'm going to fit that into a conversation today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you read my posts! check out some paleo blogs; they usually have really great tried-and-true recipes! good luck going paleo!

      Delete