Sunday, October 26, 2014

Reflection #4

This week, my partner and I weren't able to meet up and actually prepare the dish. Instead, my mother made a paleo dish for dinner and I assisted her in making it. For dinner, we made paleo organic chicken breasts in white wine with onions and portabello mushrooms. We used organic chicken breasts which made it paleo. The recipe was pretty straightforward because it involved baking chicken with mushrooms, sauteeing onions, and pouring it white wine. This is the first time I made an actual meal for this project. Other weeks, we made small desserts but this time I used chicken. A difficulty that I experienced while making this dish was that I wasn't sure how to prepare the chicken before putting it in the oven. A thing that surprised me  was that the paleo diet insists to not put a lot of spices or salt on dishes. That was the most surprising thing that i learned while preparing this dish. Overall, the chicken came out pretty well. The only thing that i would change was that it was a little bit too raw. It should have been a little softer. It tasted good and it was healthy so it was a win-win situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment