Saturday, October 11, 2014

Reflection 2

In class, I have been researching different solutions and codes that may be helpful in my quest to make the basic gameplay parts of the game that I am developing. This week, I have have completed my goal from last week -- creating a pause menu. It's not advanced, but it gets the job done. I have faced a TON of problems just to pause the game; a major one where the text that contains options does not stay in one place. Also, I have made an encounter system with the enemy, but it is still a work in progress. I may have to change the encounter system later into a more real-time battle system. In the future, I hope to finish and polish up the battle system (I'm unsure about this one since I have to make...artificial intelligence :O )

Here is the pause menu. You press ENTER to pause and unpause.


1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a detailed post! I love how you discussed what your project is and what you have been working on. Code is really cool but the little details (an extra space, too many parenthesis, etc) can ruin the whole thing! Glad you were able to make some progress on your game! Love the picture you included. I am excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete