Saturday, October 11, 2014

Reflection 2

This week, I've gotten started with coding my theme by using the codes of several completed themes as references for how a theme code should look. I'm also using tumblr's official tutorial on coding as well. With the completed themes, I try to look for components that are consistent with each of them, which I assume to be standard for all codes. Basically, I learned that a theme has three parts: the meta tags part, which affects the appearance options on the customize page, the css section, which controls the look of the theme, and the html section, which allows the blog content to actually show up on the page. Once I had all that information down, I opened up a blank notepad page and started typing the first section of my theme. I've only gotten as far as the meta tags section, but I hope to add more soon. I think something I will begin to do in the future is plan out on paper what I want to add to the theme so it doesn't end up with me staring at the screen for a long time trying to figure out what to code next. Also, I need to figure out how exactly I want my blog to look so I plan specifically towards achieving that look.

1 comment:

  1. One - I love that you added a picture. Two - I love how detailed you were about what you are learning and how you figured it out. I think it's really cool how you looked at current code to figure out how it all fits together. I think that is super smart. When I was learning coding, I did that too. Sites like Weebly let you create webpages and then you can go and look at the HTML to modify things and see how it affects the page. That was one of the best ways I learned how to code (much more hands-on then just reading about it).

    ReplyDelete