Sunday, October 19, 2014

Reflection #3

Although i was absent in class on THursday my partner did a wonderful job of spilling me the info on what she managed to accomplish during class. To be quite honest, we didnt have much time this weekend so we decided to do a quick an easy dish. My partner was planning on coming over my house for dinner tonight therefore ahead of time we decided to make a dessert. We made paleo hazelnut cocoa balls. They were both healthy and delicious! They reminded me of nutella except healthy! A challenge that we faced was trying to make it sweeter without adding sugar. Instead, we substituted it with honey and cinamon: a perfect combo! The recipe called for hazelnuts, vanilla, coco, honey, and dates. We crushed the hazelnuts in a mixer and then added all of the other ingredients. It was quick and easy! Although it may seem like i neglected this weeks dish i actually learned something valuable. Many ingredients can be replaced with others to make it more appealing for the person eating it. You dont have to add sugar to make it sweeter. THERE ARE MANY ALTERNATIVES. COOKING IS A PUZZLE AND YOU HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT PIECES TO MATCH.

1 comment:

  1. Wait... I stopped reading after nutella and healthy. I would love the recipe! That sounds amazing. I've heard you can substitute a lot of things for healthier versions.. Does it make the recipe taste very different?

    ReplyDelete