Sunday, October 19, 2014

Reflection 3

Today I had a chocolate craving due to my indulgence in sweets this week. I was in need of a recipe that would satisfy my craving and also be quick and simple. I found one for fudge balls calling for only walnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract, dates (for sweetener), and a pinch of salt. I had the idea of using hazelnuts in leu of walnuts for a better flavor. This made them taste like Nutella (one of my favorite things I earth). I did not have enough dates, so I used raw honey to compensate. I also added cinnamon to complement the chocolate.

After finely chopping the hazlenuts in a blender and mixing it with the rest of the infredients, the only thing left to do was to form them into balls. I might consider adding butter or coconut oil if I make them again just to hold them together a little more--or even egg.

We brought these to Mickey's house for dessert, and they were a hit (gobbled up before I could even get a picture!). This is by far the easiest recipe for a brownie-like dessert I've ever used!

2 comments:

  1. Aw man, a picture would have been so cool! Glad they were a hit.. Maybe a picture next time? Also - you and your partner should post the recipes! At least for the ones you really like =)

    ReplyDelete