Tuesday, March 17, 2015

S2 Reflection 3

WHO DECIDED THAT WRITING MUSIC SHOULD BE A THING WHY CAN'T IT JUST MAGICALLY APPEAR AND EXIST AND NOT BE DIFFICULT TO COME UP WITH THIS IS MY SECOND WEEK IN A ROW TRYING AND IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!!!
Okay but on a more serious note. Yeah, I've honestly not been able to come up with any music. My dad (who has written a variety of songs) says I need to stop trying to force it and need to just let it happen. But I'm afraid if I do that then I'll come up with it too late in the game to really do anything. So I'll keep trying for now. I'm wondering if it's due to a lack of inspiration. I'm constantly surrounded by the same places, the same things and the same people. I'm wondering if that's why I feel no inspiration, because I'm overall bored where I am at. Maybe I do need to stop trying to force the music. I need a trip, even if it's a day trip, to a new environment. Just something different. Maybe then I could write some music. Here's shooting for next week.

1 comment:

  1. Where's your issue... music or lyric? What if you start by riffing on other songs and see where it takes you?

    ReplyDelete