Sunday, March 29, 2015

Reflection 5

This week Mickey couldn't bake with me, but I made coconut macaroons. They were simple and easy. Four egg whites, shredded coconut, organic coconut sugar, almond extract, and salt were the only ingtedients. I added chocolate chips for some variety, but truth be told they weren't even necessary. The macaroons were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, just like s good cookie should be. They are not exactly low carb considering the sugar, but the sugar helps hold it together and make it crispy but not crumbly. I made them go bring to my grandma's house on Saturday, so I didn't feel the need to made something super heslthy anyway. They are absolutely delicious; I even made a second batch since I couldn't stop eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment