Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflection 3

The week has not been a productive one. PARCC testing, outside extra-curricular activities, and school work have enveloped my time, preventing me from focusing on the project.

However, I've been talking to other people about my project, specifically percussionists (drum players mostly). A common thing that I can never grasp is that repetition IS ok is some cases, and a background beat is no exception. I never liked repetition in music, but it's actually quite necessary in order for the song to actually have a distinct unique sound to it, and identity to be precise. So, I've asked for some possible loops that could be good to apply to my song, and I managed to get a few. 

I've also been listening to quite a bit of music recently. Half of it is of amateur YouTube musicians and the other half being Polish tracks from my father's days as a DJ. Listening to these artists are helping me determine what would be a good theme for my song. Although the genre will be Electronica, I feel that music from other genres can shape songs to something that is more unique. One Polish band I am listening to is "Wilki", and alternative rock band that is certainly influencing how I will be making my song. 

In the meantime, Alex out.

1 comment:

  1. Have you investigated music theory and the process for songwriting?

    ReplyDelete