Monday, March 30, 2015

Reflection Week 5

   Sorry this reflection is late; there were problems with my internet last night and I couldn't update the blog. Then again, I should have posted it two days prior, so I have no true excuse; my apologies.
    In any case, the downward trend of productivity continues; more projects and personal issues popped up at home, leaving me little time to work on learning JavaScript. I feel terrible about it, but a time machine is out of the question (as A. I don't have access to one, and B. I would not risk tearing a hole in the spacetime continuum if I did).
   Sadly, I did not manage to complete an entire chapter of CodeAcademy's lessons this week. However, as I did slightly more than one last week, I was able to finish off the last exercises of the second "Functions" lesson. No new information was presented, but I have learned how to use more complex functions and combine them with variables more effectively to allow a user of the program to interact more (I can add more values for them to change, such as a character's statistics [Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, Arcane, etc.] in a video game).
   As is sadly the status quo, I am not at all happy with my performance. I completed fairly little work, despite the best of intentions. On the bright side, Spring Break is fast approaching; this weekend, as well as all of next week, is a great opportunity to speed through several chapters and learn as much about JavaScript as I possibly can. Honestly, I feel terrible about my progress thus far, but I am very much looking forward to the upcoming break.

I'a! Cthulhu,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment