Sunday, March 22, 2015

Reflection 4

This week has been a bit unproductive. I had to train my focus on music outside of this project, namely my high school band. However, I have been listening to a composer by the name of Rob Dougan. His music was used in the Matrix films, namely "Clubbed to Death" and "Furious Angels". His style of music, which is a genre-blend of trip-hop and electronica, is giving me some ideas on how to compose my song.

For the song, I am first adding in the beat and the melody. Afterwards, i'll work with fine-tuning it, placing audio changers spots that require either crescendo or decrescendo, softness or bite, and cues and cut-offs.

Altering the instrument noises will be the main thing that controls how the song sounds. I'm trying to utilize MIDI, or Musical Instrument Digital Interface. What it does is that it allows multiple instruments to be played from a controller, which in this case is my keyboard. MIDI can be controlled by the user to create cues, velocity, audio pitch, etc. It's gonna become my best friend as I make this song, since it will be what helps me control what instruments are playing and how they sound.

In the meantime, Alex out.

No comments:

Post a Comment