Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflection ii, 3

There aren't many thing to report, but I am working on the rough draft. There are around three pages worth in Google Docs, and the main story isn't written yet! I realize that my story will be longer than expected, so the short story may become a novella, which is around 20,000-50,000 words. I tend to write stories that move slowly.

I realize that I want to improve my writing skills. I feel as if the sentences that I write are too basic and straightforward. Hopefully the people that will edit this story once it's finished will give feedback. For future weeks, I want to continue to write this rough draft, but I want to finish this so that I can have enough time to edit this. Maybe in 3 or 4 weeks, but this is not guaranteed.

And for the tidbits of the week. Our main character, Amber finally has her first line of dialogue! It took a good three pages, but she didn't have reason to in the first place!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear it's going well! What's your plan for the editing process? Who are your intended editors?

    ReplyDelete