Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reflection 5

This week, I studied about how music affects the workout. Since I listen to music relatively often, and I have a wide range of music tastes, I decided why not research on listening to music while exercising and how it either enhances or takes away from the workout. I looked up a couple of sites that talked about the various reasons why adding music to a workout would be beneficial and I only was able to find the positives. Tests were shown that people tended to go for longer periods of time on the bike and at higher speeds, and also lifters were able to lift more because the music would often increase hormone production when they would feel "pumped" and these hormones of feeling pumped up would help to numb the pain that the exerciser would feel. This would help the lifter be able to do more reps in their sets and therefore, more muscle building productivity would be present when exercising with music. After seeing these results and various people saying how music is beneficial, I think its time I start looking for my old iPod and start downloading some nice music to get me going while working out. Have a nice week everybody and I'll see you all next weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment