Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflection III: The One With an Unbelievable Amount of Work Done For a Lazy Person :)

Alright. Much progress has been made this week. I have:
  • taken my before pictures for comparison at the end of the semester
  • taken my measurements
  • started a log of what I'm consuming and the exercise I'm doing
  • created a list of rules to follow
  • started somewhat of a routine workout schedule
What I've been doing lately is everyday I run for at least 30 minutes, I do at least 30 squats, and at least 25 crunches. In fitness class, I spend each individual period working a different body part. Tuesday I did back and Thursday I did legs. I'm also going to start working out during co when I can, starting tomorrow (arm day). 
The list of rules I've compiled are just to keep me on the right path. They are as follows:
  1. Always graze. Consume at least 100 calories every 90 minutes.
  2. Minimize junk and processed foods (eventually I will cut them out completely).
  3. Drink tea all day.
  4. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily. No excuses!
The food and fitness log is in a little book my mother had bought me awhile back titled "Diet & Fitness Journal". Pictures of it are below. I find it helpful to keep track of things and not overeat.


And finally, we have my before pictures. Apparently, cameras add like 10 pounds because I look awful. Anyway, here we are.


My measurements:
height - 5 ft. 6 in.
weight - 123.0 lbs.
chest - 34 in.
waist - 26 in.
hip - 33 in.
thigh - 20 in.
calf - 13 in.
arm - 11 in.
neck - 13 in.
*all measurements taken at largest point of specified body part

My measurements I'll be keeping track of in my journal. Weight will be checked every morning, and the rest will be updated weekly.
That's all, folks. Wish me luck. Actually, wish for me to not be sore. Thanks, friends.

3 comments:

  1. That's super brave of you to put those pictures and measurements here. I think it might also help you with accountability. You might want to consider creating a separate blog to document your own progress.

    Also, know that soreness means that it's working! Certainly don't HURT yourself, but soreness is your muscles saying hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super brave of you to put those pictures and measurements here. I think it might also help you with accountability. You might want to consider creating a separate blog to document your own progress.

    Also, know that soreness means that it's working! Certainly don't HURT yourself, but soreness is your muscles saying hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have started a new blog! Thanks for the suggestion! Check it out here: http://twentypercent15-cat.blogspot.com/

      Delete