Monday, March 16, 2015

Reflection 2

For this week's 20 percent, I started my sketchbook of oil pastels. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of anything, but it's nothing spectacular. I bascially just practiced with some new techniques and tried to get used to working with them. It was a little difficult, since they blend very oddly and they get everywhere! And if you try to use your finger to blend, it's probably dirty and will get on the paper. However, they look really bright and interesting. I wonder if nicer pastels would help with the blending problem.  Next week, I will try a realistic drawing and see how that goes.  Maybe then I will decide if I should get better pastels. I actually found some in my room, and some of the colors seem to go on and blend better than others.

2 comments:

  1. What techniques did you practice this week? What do you plan to try next weeek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops haha didn't see your comment until now. I believe I meant having different layers of oil pastels, and blending them out on the paper, also you can scrape off some of the material to give it a different effect. I also tried blending with other colors, but it's pretty tough. They don't blend well unless there is very little color on the paper. I'm hoping some newer oil pastels will work better.

    ReplyDelete