Saturday, March 14, 2015

Reflection 3

Since we didn't have 20% during class this week, it meant that I was going to have to work on it more at home. Which was fine, but I would much rather have liked to watch the tutorials at school to get it out the way so that I get home, I could just focus on practicing. However, this week I didn't get much practice done because 1) I was just super tired and fatigued from this week that I physically was not up for fumbling with my hair for an extended amount of time and 2) I procrastinated way too late and only got around to working on my project until Saturday. What I did manage to do was watch two tutorials on how to do Senegal twists. I knew before I said that I would practice the box braids this week, but I decided to switch it up because twists are less strenuous and time consuming as braids so I went with that instead. I also attempted one twist on my head, but I made the grave mistake of opening a new pack of weave and using it without treating it first. Thus, the twist turned out horrendous and decided to spare everyone from seeing its tragic appearance. So I quickly took it out and told myself that I would try again tomorrow but with the hair I used before since it was already treated. In addition, I am going to try using the other method of twists that I learned because the first one I used didn't work all that well. Next week, I'll give an update on how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Is there something particularly tough about the Senegal twist?

    ReplyDelete