Saturday, March 21, 2015

Weekly Journal 4

     This week I have not made as much progress as I had hoped for. On Thursday during twenty percent time in class, I decided to try and find a video on YouTube of someone teaching how to play the song Good Riddance by Green Day in the way that I am learning it. The way that I am being taught how to play this song is relatively easier and after 5 or 6 videos, I finally found one where the person is teaching it how I am learning how to play it. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAdJ6em4_Kc
After watching the video about 3 or 4 times, I recognized the pattern that the girl was describing about having to do the G chord in the following way: down, down, up, up, down, up. Also, today, Saturday, my instructor finally told me that when I get to chord D, I have to do the following pattern: down, up, down, up, then go back to G and start down. He taught me this pattern as I was practicing the song and I must say, I am becoming a bit more comfortable with the first two notes - does not sound like much but for me, a person who has trouble with rhythm and hand-eye coordination, it is pretty nice. I found that when I got a little frustrated, I began to get a better hang of it so maybe I just need to get frustrated a little more haha. Unfortunately, the next two weeks are going to be tough to get a practice in because I have an event to attend to on Saturday and the following week I leave for Mexico on Thursday, therefore my only definite time to work on this will be during twenty percent time in class on Friday. However, I will try my hardest to find time over the week before I leave to work on the song. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment