Sunday, March 22, 2015

Reflection 4

           I feel as if this week was very productive. I've managed to work out almost every day this week, making sure that I cover all the groups necessary. I even managed to teach my little siblings a couple of easy exercises so they can do them with me! I also talked to my fitness teacher about ways to improve what I am doing and her opinion on things such as protein powder and strength training without weights. She even agreed to make me a workout schedule that covers all the necessary groups with workouts for them! I'm actually very excited about this because I've come to love working out and the sense of accomplishment I feel after I complete my goal. It really boosts my self esteem when people recognize the effort I put in and compliment me on that. For now, I will continue to focus on finding more time to exercise, and hopefully start coming to the fitness center during co now that most of my major projects are completed.
         For the cooking part of my project I am complacent with the results. On Monday I cooked a Hawaiian chicken that was a little dry, but overall was not bad considering it was my first time making it. On tuesday I also used the remaining pineapple to make piña colada. I was really proud because it not only tasted good, but I know it consisted of healthy ingredients such as pineapple, coconut, blue agave, greek yogurt, and water.  Sunday I will try to make a coconut chicken, but I might be a bit pressed for time. I have also started to completely eliminate sweets from my life. Every time I was offered candy, I refused, which is a big accomplishment for me. The only sweets I had this week were 4 small gluten-free snicker-doodle cookies that were not as unhealthy as any other sweet.
        Another thing I did this week was go grocery shopping with my mother and sister, which gave me a good  understanding of how to search for the right product. We bought many ingredients that I had been asking for to help with my cooking such as dried bay leaves, mint leaves, ground ginger, basil, mushrooms, etc. I also learned how to look for and avoid certain ingredients in products and how to tell whether or not vegetables and potatoes have gone bad. Overall it was a very productive week. My goal for next week is to be as productive as this week, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment