Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflection #3

This week we opted for a simple and delicious meal. I had just come home from practice to a new batch of apples that my mom had just purchased. What better way than to start my weekend off with some delicious and juicy apples. Apples are considered pretty low-carb therefore, it suits perfectly for a paleo snack. To make the dish even yummier and more filling i decide to top it off with almond butter. Almond butter is a great replacement for peanut butter. It adds protein fiber and some fat and is less in sugar than peanut. I used organic because it is a lot better for you. This dish may seem careless , however, with the lack of time i had this weekend, i believe that i learned a valuable concept. Combining two things and making sure you get all your nutrient (protein,fat, fiber, etc). is very pleasing. Also, your body feels a lot better if you receive all of them. Also, i made this snack up all by myself without the need for a recipe or looking it up. My knowledge of the produce and deciding to match them up allowed me to make a very delicious snack. 
 

1 comment:

  1. What other things did you learn this week? What research did you complete?

    ReplyDelete