Saturday, March 21, 2015

Reflection 4

This week during 20% time, I watched a couple of tutorials that explained how to prepare hair for braiding and how to do Senegalese twists. When I got home, I tried prepping a brand new pack of hair but it didn't work out as smoothly as I wanted. After a few more attempts at saving the hair, I decided to revert back to the hair that I was previously using, which was already prepped. To clarify, prepping hair for braiding involves feathering (pulling the ends or teasing) the hair so that it's not as rigid and crimped as when it is first taken out of the box. The woman doing it in the video made it look fairly simple, but when I tried it, the ends came out very uneven. So in the meantime, I used the old hair and did two attempts at the Senegalese twists. The first one I did started off as a regular single braid, but then I split it into two strands and twisted it all the way down. The second twist was done by using one parting of hair that I twisted at the root of my hair and then twisted the two strands all the way down. Of the two twists that I did, I realized that the second one I did was better than the first overall, however, I felt like the attachment on the first twist was more secure. Also, when I got to the ends of the twists, I braided them so that they wouldn't unravel. Overall, I believe that the second method I used works better and I will most likely be using that in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment