Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflection

This week, I did not have much time to actively go to the gym, but luckily, this double A week has me having Mirabella Fitness three times a week! We did a lot of different exercises, especially using the agility ladder, which were surprisingly hard. I'm very uncoordinated. However, when I did go to the gym, I increased my initial speed to 5.2 for the interval; therefore, I'd be running for 21 minutes straight at a speed of 5.2 mph or higher. The problem with me is that I have very low endurance and doing this cardio exercise is very much helping me increase my endurance. Also, I did ab exercises and leg exercises. March is a month filled with competitions that have been stressing me out, but I cannot wait until I get back until the routine of going to the gym 5-6 times a week. It is incredibly stress relieving and entirely fulfilling. In addition, as a small, little girl going to the gym, I am consistently intimidated by the weight room with bulky, muscular people. However, I've reached a mile stone because I overcome the initial intimidations, went into the weight room, and lifted one of the barbells. Yay! In the future, I will use this room more often.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I tend to find my little corner and focus on myself in the mirrors when I'm in the weight room. It might sound vain or narcissistic, but it allows me to focus on myself and my form and my own progress while tuning out everyone else around me.

    ReplyDelete