Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nadia's proposal



For my 20% project, I would like to widen my range as an actress. More specifically, I’d like to learn to do monologues that are funny, dramatic, and scary. Additionally, I’d like to learn to speak in 4 different accents: English, Scottish, Russian/eastern European, and Southern. I will film myself soon as the “before”. I spend my class time doing research about acting techniques, and this will be beneficial because there will always be an audience around!
The challenges I will face will include the fear of failure. It is nerve racking to look foolish while acting. As I am trying something new, I don’t know if it will work out. I don’t know if I will fail, and that is scary to me. Something that will be easy about this project is my love for acting. Becoming a different character is my favorite thing to do, and I eagerly await working on this project!

The research for this project will consist of watching tutorials on accents, researching theatrical techniques, and practice, practice, practice. My goal may seem small, but anyone who has been involved with theater can confirm that acting is harder than it looks. My time will be spent first on perfecting my characters then my accents. I would like my final presentation to be done in my various accents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment