Sunday, November 30, 2014

Reflection #9

This week I began to learn the first chord progression of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas": G, C, A7, D, B7, and E minor. I also learned the strumming pattern for the song: Down, Down, Down, Up, Down, Down, Down, and Up. The importance of learning these things is that I have formed the basis of playing a much more difficult song. What's important about this week is that I am building up confidence knowing that I can play a difficult song as long as I learn it piece by piece. I will constantly use what I learned over the next few weeks as I gradually perfect my playing of the song. The pattern I noticed was that learning the basics of this song was much easier than beginning to learn the last song. Clearly this is because I have much more practice now playing the guitar, so learning a new song comes a lot easier to me. This week I did very well- I didn't perfect the first part of the song, yet I still progressed very far and learned most of the chord progression. Next week I will continue to learn the song, and hopefully move on to the next chord progression. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment