Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 4- Progress


   Observational drawings are both great and bad. I love drawing what I see because its just absolutely rad, in my opinion. I do hate something about it though, and its having my drawing look absolutely NOTHING like what it should.
    So today I drew exactly what I see. I feel like this is my original idea for a specific kind of original drawing since as far as I've seen no one really sketches out what they see like I do, especially since the sketchbook is included. 
   I used to do drawings similar to this all the time, and since I need many observational drawings for a portfolio, this proved immensely useful. I managed to finish just as class ended and right before Celina moved her foot and Chris moved his guitar case, but I didn't manage to get a good picture to upload on here.  I also started drawing outfits I saw in class and around school, and managed to finish the whole page at home later on. Here it is:


2 comments:

  1. Wow! The work is so good (to my untrained eye), and there's so many different styles. Is this all from memory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed with your work on these pages. I think you are being to hard on yourself. You just need to understand that art is not necessarily about being perfect, but sharing something with those who interact with your art. These drawings were very intricate and layered. That is not something that is easy for most people. Keep drawing. You are only going to get better.

    Mr Schwarten from Eastern Middle School in Silver Spring, MD

    ReplyDelete