Friday, November 14, 2014

Reflection 5

On Saturday, Mickey and I made pleo brownies with almond flour. They were rich and so delicious! So, how do you make something as sweet as a brownie Paleo? Simple: replace the white flour with almond meal/flour and coconut crystals respectively. This eliminates refined ingredients and makes the glycemic index much lower.

Otherwise, these brownies were made the same way regular brownies (from scratch) would be made. My mother showed us how to make a bain Marie (water bath) to melt the chocolate and butter, which I had forgotten how to do and Mickey had never learned. Now we both know how to make brownies from scratch AND make them paleo!

They were absolutely delicious--very rich and chocolatey, and slightly almondy too.

My mother and I have found that anything we bake with almond flour is better the next day. It somehow gets denser in the fridge and more flavorful. I can't wait to bake more!

No comments:

Post a Comment