Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reflection 8

Due to the four major exams assigned this week, I'm afraid I did not accomplish as much as I would have liked. I have done more research into the battles of the war, as well as some into the history and techniques of shinobi assassins (ninjas) and the rules of the Bushido (the samurai code of honor) for several of the characters; however, very little writing was actually done. I have planned out the prologue of the story (a very significant achievement for me, as I have always had trouble at the beginning of any writing piece), and have already pictured the rest of the story. To show some progress, below are several of the narrating characters in the novel (all are unnamed, as I view names as additions to, not foundations for, characters):
-A warrior monk and zealous worshiper of the Stars
-A genetically modified and synthetically enhanced shinobi assassin, whose entire family was murdered at the burning of Kyoto
-A high-ranking, loyal to Oda Nobunaga but longing for power he can never achieve by simply following in his daimyo's footsteps
-A scientist and explorer from a land far from the Systems, bringing with him alien technologies and knowledge
-A wandering samurai and poet, searching for truth in a chaotic, war-ridden society and seeking to perfect himself through honorable duels and less honorable tests of character and skill

No comments:

Post a Comment