Thursday, November 20, 2014

Reflection 7

I've been drawing faces all week-- and actually becoming good at it. I've been drawing a lot of portraits of Cara Delevingne because her face is perfect (for drawing and in general). She has a lot of jagged lines and bold features that make drawing her really simple. Over Thanksgiving break, I plan to draw a few male faces, as I haven't tried that yet. After Thanksgiving break, I will be starting human bodies, which I'm hoping will be slightly easier than faces.
I think I'll be changing the overall goal of my 20% project to just realistically drawing humans (with different facial expressions and body language) and, if I have time, basic animals. I greatly underestimated the time it would take to actually be good at drawing.
Shoutout to Kasia (sorry if I spelled it wrong) for showing me a new way to map out the main features and proportions of faces-- it helped A LOT.
Expect pictures next week, as I'll have a lot to post.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cat,

    I think my last comment didn't go through...so I am going to try this again. Congratulations on picking such a unique topic for your project. None of my students have ever picked drawing people before!

    And also I think you did such a great thing by getting a peer to help you (with advice, etc)! There is so much we can learn from our friends and fellow people!

    Good luck with the rest of your project!

    Mrs. Zvi
    Teacher in Surrey, BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree entirely. Thank you so much.

      Delete