Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reflection 8

I created a text box that contained a simple message for the players. This text box appears when you press the SPACE key. It was time-consuming to create this text box because I had to adjust the box countless times to fit in a suitable shape. I also had to find a way to make all of the text to fit. I had to sacrifice quality over quantity since all of the dialogue that I wanted to fin in would not work unless I simplified the goal of the game. The dialogue is simply a note that was given to the player for a reminder of the goal of the game. This is basically all I had to do, since it was difficult to find ways to draw a text box with words that could fix it.

Next time, I plan on refining the text box if need be and to find a way to make a final boss. I have the free version of GameMaker, thus I have limitations to the amount of objects that I have to create. I'll also have to make another trade-off (haha) to do that.

Here is the pic of the text box and the programming behind it:


No comments:

Post a Comment