Sunday, November 16, 2014

Reflection #7

This week I wasn't able to work on 20% time in class, I had a doctor's appointment. Therefore, I wasn't able to move on to a new song. That doesn't mean significant things weren't accomplished this week! I was finally able to tackle the chord transition in "Stand by Me" that had been giving me fits for the past week: C major to D major. After much practice I was able to reduce the delay in that chord transition, meaning that "Stand by Me" is completely finished!! This represents a significant accomplishment in my 20% project, I have completely learned a song on the guitar. Two months ago this would have seemed impossible, but now that I have completed a song I feel optimistic and confident about my growing guitar playing abilities. While I have finished "Stand by Me", I will continue to practice it so I don't forget the song. I will still play "Stand by Me" as I add to my song repertoire. The major pattern I noticed this week was that when I constantly repeated my chord progressions (G-Em-C-D-G), it became apparent that I could look away and play the entire progression without looking (while not perfect, it certainly felt good). I am very proud of this accomplishment, yet I will not rest on my laurels. I genuinely want to improve my skills and add to my abilities. Next week I will continue to practice "Stand by Me" and move on to the next song. It might be a Credence Clearwater Revival Song, or it might not (depending on the difficulty- I want to move on to a harder song but not an insanely challenging song right away). Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment