Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reflection 8, Taylor

This week I started my new job at chipotle. Chipotle's vision is to make food with integrity. I was trained all week on salsa. I learned how to make Fresh Tomato Salsa, Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa, Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa, sour cream, and Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette. The fresh tomato salsa is made with tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, cilantro, kosher salt, and citrus juice. The tomatillo green chili Salsa's ingredients include tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapenos, red onions, cilantro, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and citrus juice. Chile de arbol, tomatillos, cumin, garlic, black pepper, salt, and tabasco are included in the tomatillo red chili salsa. The sour cream includes 100% cultured cream. And lastly the Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette is made with honey, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, black pepper, soy oil, oregano, and adobo. It was cool to learn how to make food from a different culture. I am looking forward to learning more stations at chipotle as well as increasing my knowledge on food for my 20% project.

No comments:

Post a Comment