Saturday, November 22, 2014

Weekly Journal 7

November 22, 2014
This week on November 20, 2014, I began my twenty percent time session by reviewing the words I learned on November 14th. After, I continued to learn the following: “help,” “who,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “why,” “how,” “stop,” “big/large,” “tall,” “very tall,” “full-of-food/stuffed,” “fed up,” “empty,” and “more”. Learning the words like, “help,” “who,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “why,” “how,” and “stop” are very important for an every-day conversation. For example, if I am lost and I need to ask someone how to get somewhere and what streets I should take, knowing these words in ASL would really come in handy because you never know who you may meet on the streets. I could use any of these words at any given time if I am ever lost or confused about a topic of some sort. In addition to the patterns mentioned in previous journals, this week I noticed a new pattern that was the importance of facial expressions. For words such as, “who,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “why,” and “how” one must have a confused facial expression in order to show that they are asking a question and hope to get a response. This week I believe that I have done well and next I will continue to learn the first 100 basic words in ASL.

No comments:

Post a Comment