Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reflection 8

  This week has been pretty unproductive for me with my 20% time project, especially since I have been swamped with tests, other school projects, and personal issues. However, some sort of unexpected event did help me realize the importance of this project. After going to a concert this week, I lost my voice and could not talk to communicate to my friends and family. I took this time to try and apply the words I learned to answering questions, even if they didn't understand what I was signing. Putting the words I learned in context and using them for real life situations was completely different from simply signing them by my computer. It gave me an understanding of what the people who use sign language every day feel, and it has given me more incentive to progress with this project as much as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment