Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Reflection 6

I was not in school on Wednesday the 19th when we had 20% time, but earlier that week, I had lunch with a good friend of mine who goes to APA. She told me about her experience as a theater student, and I asked her some general questions about performing. What she said about performances had to do with technical presentation. She said to focus on breath control and volume. Breath control was important because when someone's voice sounds a bit shaky, it makes him/her look nervous. Anything that detracts from the actual performance is to be avoided. Volume was important because it is another thing that can detract from the performance. If the audience can't hear you properly, or they can hear shakiness in your voice, your performance will not be as strong. Next week, I hope to work on volume in my performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment