Sunday, November 9, 2014

Reflection 6

I have the programming e-books! I'm going to start reading those soon. Anyway, my progress for the weekend was fair, considering it was my grandfather's seventy-ninth birthday Saturday. Firstly, I have thrown the PCduino aside. We (my father and I) bought a regular Arduino board to use instead. I ran my first example program on the board. It was nothing but uploading the coding for the command "Blink", but it counts for something, at the very least a check to see if the board responds to running a program. The original motor shield/board was cast aside too actually. Now, we are using the Adafruit Servo board, which despite the name does have ports for LEDs and other things. I have attached our four servo motors to the board and ran another example program. I was very happy to discover that the motors worked even better than expected. Also with the help of my father, I've finally made sense of the binary system in relation to the regular base ten system, 8-bits, and ports. As for the physical wolf model and the air frame design, we've decided to recreate the wolf in Autocad and partition it so that the parts can print to a 3D printer. The printer will be bought around Black Friday. My next steps for the following week or two: Create the Autocad model and read the e-books.

1 comment: