Saturday, November 29, 2014

Weekly Journal 8

November 29, 2014
This week on November 29, 2014, I began my twenty percent time session by reviewing the words I learned on November 20th. After, I began to learn the following words in ASL: “blue,” “green,” “yellow,” “red,” “brown,” “orange,” (both fruit and color), “gold,” “silver,” “dollar”/ “dollars,” and “cost”. Learning these words are important to learn if I ever find myself needing to ask an individual for an item in a specific color, or if I wish to know the price of an item. I could use both the color terms and the money terms on any given day, especially if I am at the mall or any store in general. This week I noticed the usual patterns of memorizing, and that of having the alphabet play a big part in a lot of words. For example, for the color/fruit, “orange,” first the letter “c” is needed which is then followed by the letter “s”. This week I believe that I have done very well, particularly because of how easy the words seemed to be compared to others I have previously learned. Next, I will continue to learn the first 100 basic words in ASL.

No comments:

Post a Comment