Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reflection #8

This week I needed to find a new song to learn on the guitar. I've always wanted to play a Christmas song on the guitar, and seeing as we are rapidly approaching Thanksgiving I thought now would be the best time to try. So I started to learn "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", a holiday classic. My goal is to perfect the song before we leave for the holiday break. The song itself is certainly more difficult than "Stand by Me" to play on the guitar; there are far more chord transitions and two completely different sets of chord progressions. There were two new chords that I needed to learn in order to play the song: B minor and A7. I really liked the step up in difficulty; this is important because I need to challenge myself in order to get better. I didn't get a chance to play the song for long this week, but I certainly will do so over Thanksgiving break. Next week I will continue to practice the song. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment