Monday, November 10, 2014

Reflection 6

I am finding it harder to focus on my 20% project, since it's been difficult to have hands on experiences with fencing. My friends are trying to help, but it turns out it's hard to find a gym to practice the techniques and to find times when people are available.  However, I did have a chance to sit down and have a conversation with my one of my fencing buddies. We talked about fencing equipment, discerning the different types of swords, and handling the sword (no sexual connotations intended). For example, fencers always wear long fencing socks to protect the area from the feet to where the knickers end. Knickers are special pants that have a certain quality to the fabric to protect the fencer from any serious injuries. My friend also said that Pirates of the Caribbean has unrealistic fencing in it, and it's not at all like the sport. Apparently The Princess Bride is the epitome for fencing movies. I still really like POTC though.

No comments:

Post a Comment