Sunday, November 30, 2014

Reflection 9, Taylor

This week cooking became extraordinary because it was Thanksgiving. I was really excited to help out this year. I added a seafood effect to Thanksgiving and made delicious crab cakes.  . The ingredients included: one pound of crabmeat picked free of shells, 1/3 cup of crushed crakers, 3 green onions, 1/2 cup of finely chopped bell peppers, 1/4 cup of mayo, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of dry mustard, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, dash cayenne pepper, flour, and a 1/2 cup of peanut oil. I mixed all ingredients in a bowl until the eggs were beat, and then crushed the crackers and mixed it with the bread crumbs. Then I rolled the crab mix into balls, rolled the crab balls in the dry mix, made them into patties, and refrigerated for 30 minutes until they were set. Then I heated the oil and fried the crab cakes until they were a light brown color. Everyone loved the crab cakes and it encouraged me to continue learning how to cook. I did not know how happy food made people until I seen all big smiles at the Thanksgiving table.

No comments:

Post a Comment