Wednesday, May 27, 2015

reflection 9


Using a sewing machine Was actually easier than knitting with the proper knowledge and care. I didn't dare get on the sewing machine yet but I went back the following Friday and asked Mrs. Jones if she could show me how to set up her sewing machine as if she were sewing for the first time on it. She explained to me the dial aka the stitch selection panel and the different stitch designs she could make. She also explained to me how to thread through the new sewing string and then there was the foot petal. The foot petal powers the machine and controls how fast it goes, which is crucial for a professional look. After that my mind was mostly refreshed and caught up to what I had seen years before when I had my own machine, however I still came home and researched a basic diagram of sewing machine parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment