Monday, May 25, 2015

Reflection 13

So far I've stropped the lessons and started with the first riff and chord, that beaing E Minor 7, of Wish You Were Here. I'm having trouble with figuring out the strum pattern fore the chord because in the Center Stage guitar Academy video, he doesn't know himself. The instructor play it by ear, and that's a problem for me. Looks like I'm only going to get one song in by presentations. Pity, but I've learned much on the way. This is really painful, guys. I can only practice hours at a time once or twice a week so I haven't built up calluses on my finger to stop the pain. So that I can practice for longer periods of time, I've cut up a bandage to place a piece on each finger, and I keep those pieces in place with duct tape. Amazingly, it still causes mild pain. I'll learn Wish You Were Here by the end of the week and put together a video of everything I've learned so far plus the song. Hopefully, it will show that I have actually learned plenty this 20% Time, I'm just a really slow learner that has semi-poor time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment