Monday, May 25, 2015

Reflections #11-13 (yikes)

I'm really terrible at remembering to update this blog. It's so easy for me to forget for some reason. I have been continuing to make progress despite this little unintentional hiatus, though. I went back and redrew my first couple of drawings. I couldn't think of anything new I wanted to draw so I just redid the older pencil drawings.


 
I don't think they came out as good as my other drawings in this style, but I still prefer them to pencils drawings. They're much more fun to make and look at. That's what occupied weeks 11 and 12.

This week, I got sort of tired of doing the same old thing. I sat down in my room with my little bin of markers to begin another drawing. I looked around my room, and the faded design on the top drawers of my dresser caught my eye. I took some paint and a paintbrush out of my bin of markers and traced over the design. Then, I free handed the blank drawer underneath it.

I'm not sure if this would count as "drawing" but I'm being kind of liberal with that definition because I've already departed from my original goal, anyway. I had a lot of fun doing this because it felt a lot less like work. Usually, I'm aware that this is for a project, but while painting these drawers, I didn't even think I would end up writing about it. I'll probably end up painting all of them within the next few weeks, even though that won't end up being a part of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment